Thursday, October 10, 2013

DeviantArt FTW

Alright, make a social media profile on a site other than Facebook or Google+? Clearly that means make a DA account.

DeviantArt, as according to Urban Dictionary: "An empire of mostly average art, though there are quite a few that are good. Sadly, this empire is overruled by fanart rather than creative, original art. Anything else other than fanart hardly ever gets noticed."

http://factualshackle.deviantart.com/


Here will lie my "mostly average art," with "a few that are good." Currently I have my interests, profile picture, and first journal entry fleshed out. I've used DA before, and it really is a warm community, once the ball starts rolling. Not the best site for critiquing work, but if you can make it big on DA, you can make it big anywhere.


I haven't been on DA in years, but I still remember 4 special people's names who are talented beyond belief. Let me highlight some awesome people.


Yuumei: Beautiful, gorgeous, BEAUTIFUL works of arts. (also DN fanart ftw)



Loish: funky, awesome, MORE AWESOME works of art. (also Disney fanart ftw)



Hellobaby: hnnnnng ALL HER ARTWORK IS WITH PENCIL. FREAKING COLORED PENCIL. Her sheer talent blinds me. With Beauty.



CelestialValkyrie: All his pieces have a sort of ephemeral beauty to them (which is great since they aren't really ephemeral and I can gaze at them all the time)! The colors melt off each other and I adore his composition... SO GORGEOUS. And sometimes haunting. And sometimes ad'awwable. <3



You guys rock.

1 comment:

  1. i love deviantart!! So glad you've exposed our class to you, and your first piece is awesome, looking forward to seeing your other works of art :)

    ReplyDelete